Cyclopentadecanone, colourless or white needle-like crystals, with a musky odour, melting point 65±1°C, slightly soluble in water, miscible with alcohols and ethers. Its carbonyl group can undergo nucleophilic addition reactions; it can be α-halogenated. Produced by α,ω-hexadecanedinitrile in ether solution with N-ethyl N-phenylaminolithium as catalyst by condensation, hydrolysis and other reactions. Used as a fragrance to replace natural musk in the preparation of perfumes; also used as a reagent in organic synthesis.
Use and store according to specifications, no decomposition, avoid contact with oxides.
Colourless needle-like crystals. Soluble in water soluble in 95% ethanol, miscible with oils. Has a strong musky aroma with strong diffusion and long lasting fragrance, still has a good musky aroma when diluted to less than 1%. 
Toxicological data editorial Podcast
1, Skin/eye irritation data: Standard Draize test for rabbits in direct contact with skin: 500mg/24H
- Acute toxicity: oral rat: LD50>5g/kg and dermal LD50>5g/kg. mice with an intraperitoneal dose of 11.25mmol/kg, no mortality after 24h in. No mortality in 4 days at a dose of 8.92mmol/kg. Oral dosing of >45mmol/kg did not cause mortality in mice. No specific pathological reactions were observed in mice tested acutely, and with increasing doses, degenerative liver-like nephritis in the central ducts of the body and minimal pancreatic necrosis were observed.
- The substance was applied to normal or damaged rabbit skin under closed conditions and showed mild irritation after 24 h. Concentrations diluted to 10% were made into petroleum jelly preparations and did not produce irritation after 48 h in closed skin contact tests in humans, and the same maximum Cyclopentadecanone test in humans did not produce sensitization. 
Ecological data editorial Podcast
Generally non-hazardous to water, do not discharge material into the surrounding environment without government permission. 
Storage Methods Editorial Podcast
Store in a sealed container in a ventilated, dry environment. 
Synthesis Method Editorial Podcast
- α,ω-Hexadecanedinitrile is produced by condensation and hydrolysis of α,ω-hexadecanedinitrile in ether solution with N-ethyl N-phenylaminolithium as catalyst.
- It can be obtained from natural raw material neuronic acid by oxidation to α,ω-pentadecanedioic acid, and then reduced by esterification cyclization to obtain cyclopentadecanone. 
Uses Editor Podcast
- It has been widely used in the formulation of fragrances since 50 years ago, as its aroma is softer than that of musk ketone, and its fixing effect is similar to that of pentadecanoide, and it can be used in high grade perfumery to increase powder and animal fragrances. The usual concentration in the final product is 0.005% to 0.06% in soaps; 0.0005% to 0.006% in detergents; 0.04% to 1% in perfumes; 0.0025% to 0.01% in creams and other products. In edible flavours the dosage and range is limited by its unpleasant taste with little use, drinks, candy, chewing gum and oral products with a dosage of 0.03mg/kg. also used as a solvent for sterols, carotenoids and azo dyes.
2, used in high grade perfume, can increase the powder and animal fragrance, can play a harmonious role with a variety of fragrance, even if you add a small amount of effect is also very significant. In the daily chemical used as soap fragrance, detergent fragrance, perfume fragrance, cream fragrance, etc.